Shine A Light



Films, Photos, Music, Fashion, Aesthetic, Narrative, Style, Image, Dialogue....

Thursday 27 January 2011

BODIE AND KEROUAC

Someone sent me this Jack Kerouac quote the other day, and then today when watching the end of season 4 of The Wire (for the second time...this time knowing what damn tragedy was coming), the two seemed in common conjuncture, like The Wire is like the work of the 'Beat' generation....but with more 'Gang-sta bullshit'!

Please don't watch this clip if you haven't seen The Wire but you intend to (you really want to watcht the whole thing!). And if you have then watch at your own discretion:


BOOOODIEEEEEE!

"I feel old. I been out there since I was 13. I ain't never fucked up a count, never stole off a package, never did some shit that I wasn't told to do. I been straight up. But what come back? Hmm? You'd think if I get jammed up on some shit they'd be like, "A'ight, yeah. Bodie been there. Bodie hang tough. We got his pay lawyer. We got a bail." They want me to stand with them, right? But where the fuck they at when they supposed to be standing by us? I mean, when shit goes bad and there's hell to pay, where they at? This game is rigged, man. We like the little bitches on a chessboard."

Preston 'Bodie' Broadus


No comments:

Post a Comment