Shine A Light



Films, Photos, Music, Fashion, Aesthetic, Narrative, Style, Image, Dialogue....

Friday 8 October 2010

Bruce Springsteen & The E-Street Band, via Atom.Smasher

The songs and music of Bruce Springsteen and The E-Street band share a synergy with the American road and high-ways that is unparalleled. This is just a little joke.




Unfortunately there's not enough room on these for the whole of 'State Trooper'....shame because that really would be fitting....

New Jersey Turnpike ridin' on a wet night 'neath the refinery's glow
Out where the great black rivers flow
License, registration, I ain't got none but I got a clear conscience
'Bout the things that I done
Mister state trooper, please don't stop me
Please don't stop me, please don't stop me

Maybe you got a kid, maybe you got a pretty wife the only thing that I got's been both'rin' me my whole life
Mister state trooper, please don't stop me
Please don't stop me, please don't stop me

In the wee wee hours your mind gets hazy, radio relay towers lead me to my baby
Radio's jammed up with talk show stations
It's just talk, talk, talk, talk, till you lose your patience
Mister state trooper, please don't stop me

Hey, somebody out there, listen to my last prayer
Hiho silver-o, deliver me from nowhere



Anyway...

I did these through Atom.Smasher (http://atom.smasher.org/) have a go if you find your self not sleeping or have too much time on your hands.

Thanks Mat for the heads up! x

No comments:

Post a Comment