Shine A Light



Films, Photos, Music, Fashion, Aesthetic, Narrative, Style, Image, Dialogue....

Monday 13 September 2010

JACK BOND

VBS.TV have got up a new doc about avante-garde surrealist film maker Jack Bond. A British film maker who worked with Salvador Dali and Andy Warhol, created bizzare features, docs and music videos. I had heard about him last year when news broke that he was finally allowing his back catalogue of films to shown again.....I had not heard of or seen the films in question, but the idea that a man who had kept all his art locked away from public for over 30 years and finally released them in his old age is an enticing and and engaging story in itself....I still have not seen the films, but after watching this I will indeed be seeking them out!


I'll let the show and the man speak for themselves but there are some great (and tragic) stories here. He also comes across as true gent!






Dali and Bond



No comments:

Post a Comment